The Metabolism Miracle

The Metabolism Miracle

3 Easy Steps to Regain Control of your Weight Permanently

Book - 2011
Average Rating:
Rate this:
Publisher: Emmaus, Pa. : Rodale Inc., ©2011.
Edition: Exclusive deluxe edition
ISBN: 9781609610593
Characteristics: xii, 356 pages :,illustrations ;,24 cm


From the critics

Community Activity


Add a Comment

Aug 19, 2010

author is an R.D. who herself developed type 2 diabetes while following low fat calorie counted diet with exercise.

this diet is meant to treat metabolic syndrome. (an 8 week very low carb period--25 grams per day, followed by progressively more carbs (about 110 to 180 grams/day)
I am not this despiritted--25 grams is very very low!)

2 ideas that were new to me were that about 45 % of people have a change to the shape of the insulin receptors on their fat cells when those cells become-well--fat--ie stretched. When receptor shapes are changed insulin resistance occurs. the other 55% of pple can get very very fat and still maintain the perfect insulin receptor shape on fat cells.

the other idea in this book is that a major problem for some people is that the liver 'overshoots' its glycogen stores into bloodstream when meals are too far apart (more than 5 hours or during the night) with resulting overshoot in insulin and then low bloodsugar and carb cravings--thus a person can actually gain weight by skipping meals...
I like the coleslaw dressing....

Age Suitability

Add Age Suitability

There are no age suitabilities for this title yet.


Add a Summary

There are no summaries for this title yet.


Add Notices

There are no notices for this title yet.


Add a Quote

There are no quotes for this title yet.

Explore Further

Browse by Call Number


Subject Headings


Find it at Library

To Top